- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Housing and Slum Upgrading Branch
The Housing and Slum Upgrading Branch develops strategies, policies, and programmes to provide access to adequate housing for all, improve the living conditions in existing slums, and curb the growth of new slums. It focuses on improving the supply and affordability of serviced land and new housing opportunities, while also implementing city-wide and national slum upgrading programmes to improve housing and the quality of living conditions of the poor.
Head: Mr. Raf Tuts
- Housing Unit (HU)
- Slum Upgrading Unit (SU)
Programmes, initiatives & networks:
- Participatory Slum Upgrading (PSUP)
- Global Housing Strategy (GHS)
- Global Network for Sustainable Housing (GNSH)
- United Nations Housing Rights Programme (UNHRP)