- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
National Sample of Cities
A MODEL APPROACH TO MONITORING AND REPORTING PERFORMANCE OF CITIES AT NATIONAL LEVELS
National Governments and statistical offices recognize that it is a major challenge to study each city in a given country to monitor national trends on SDG urban indicators. The aggregation of the city level data and information at sub-national and national level presents a challenge that requires appropriate tools and techniques to ensure comparability and proper systematization. A carefully constructed sample that takes into account sub-regional and city specific characteristics and variances can be used to monitor the dominant pattern in the country’s cities in an aggregated manner.