- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
National Report for Habitat III English & Arabic
The annual rate of population growth in the last census period (2001-2010) has reached 7.6%, the country’s population is projected to reach 2.2 million by 2030. The youth population aged between15-30 years comprises 30% of the total population; thus the Kingdom of Bahrain has embarked on the development of appropriate initiatives and schemes to meet the social, cultural and economic needs of this group in recognition of its significance as a human capital and a dividend that has the potential for achieving sustainable development. As a result, the National Youth Strategy has been developed, highlighting the needs of the youth and their right to participate in the public life as well as their role in building the future through the implementation of a number of political and economic empowerment initiatives.