Market Research Consultant, (Nairobi), Deadline: 29 May 2017
Issued on: 17 May 2017
Resources Mobilisation & Income Management
Market Research Consultant
29 May 2017
The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for Human Settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. As the United Nations focal point on human settlements, UN-Habitat will lead advocacy efforts to raise awareness of sustainable urbanization issues; provide evidence-based policy advice; build capacities; develop tools, norms and standards based on best practices; work on demonstration projects and provide assistance to national Governments, local authorities and other public institutions responsible for urban issues.
The Donor Relations and Income Management Service is responsible for enhancing resources for sustainable urbanization programmes in UN-Habitat. One of the objectives of the service is to increase the level of resources from governments, local authorities, private Sector, foundations, and other donors. The vacancy is located in the Donor Relations & Income Management Unit under Management and Operations Division. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit, the incumbent’s responsibilities include:
- Assist in developing templates for project proposals and any other correspondence, as needed
- Develop clear and concise briefings and power-point presentations for various meetings, workshops, conferences and donor briefings
- Monitor up opportunities coming on devex database and send relevant proposals to managers dealing with the identified themes, countries
- Carry out research on digital fundraising and other innovative fundraising methods, including new ideas, best practices and learning and support in its implementations and upload these on UN-Habitat’s Intranet.
- Assist with developing digital fundraising activities to leverage emergency fundraising opportunities.
- Carry out research on which donors contribute to sustainable urbanization programmes and there after find out the budget cycles, proposal cycles for identified donors, as well as their current target themes, priorities and countries and use the data to update the donor briefs and upload into UN-Habitat Donor Information System.
- Compile successful sample proposals for each donor to guide the writing of proposals
- Identify current donor trends as well as themes that are trending, so that the agency’s proposals can be aligned to current global and regional needs.
- Carry out research on multi-stakeholder global funds in the field of sustainable urbanization, e.g. green climate fund, with a view to UN-Habitat gaining accreditation to such funds.
- Compile and write comprehensive advocacy packages for different thematic areas and programmes.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Organization and planning – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
EDUCATION: Advanced university degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in International Relations. A first level university degree in Communication with a major in Public Relations.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least two years’ practical experience in the field of research, experience using Google analytics and other online analytics tools will be an added advantage
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficiency in English (both oral and written) is required
Applications should include:|
Please be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the
All applications should be submitted to:
Deadline for applications: 29 May 2017
UN-Habitat does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: email@example.com