- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Madrid Liaison office
UN-Habitat Office for Spain (Madrid)
UN-Habitat in Spain is composed of an UN Habitat Office for Spain located in Madrid and two programme offices in Barcelona: the GWOPA Secretariat (Global Water Operator Partnerships Alliances) and the CRPP Office (City Resilience Profiling Programme).
The UN Habitat Office for Spain (Madrid) aims to institutionally represent and to act as a liaison between the Spanish Government, local authorities and the New Urban Agenda partners and to promote the mission and mandate of UN-Habitat in Spain.
Fully aligned with the UN-Habitat Strategic Plan 2014-2019, it additionally reinforces the effective awareness, advocacy and communication on the relevance of UN-Habitat’s mandate and the New Urban Agenda in Spain; promotes the knowledge creation, sharing and exchange of best practices; fosters strategic partnerships and resources mobilization; and support the implementation of UN-Habitat operational technical activities on sustainable urban development.
It was established in accordance to the Cooperation Agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and UN-Habitat dated 23rd March 2010 and the Agreement between the Kingdom of Spain and UN-Habitat for its establishment in Spain dated November, 30th, 2011 and is hosted by Ministry of Development according to the Administrative Agreement between the State Secretariat for Infrastructure, Transport and Housing and UN Habitat, dated 5th September 2012 and subsequent renewals.