- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Local Strategic Planning at the Level of Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities in Lebanon
This training guidebook falls within the framework of the project entitled “Enhanced Municipal Governance for Effective Decentralization in Lebanon”, implemented by UN-Habitat in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities/ Directorate General of Administrations and Local Councils and funded by the Italian Government.
The project aims at supporting the Directorate General through the empowerment of the Department of Guidance and Investigation and enhancing communication with the Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities. The project also intends to develop a national municipal capacity development plan which encompasses training curricula on financial, administrative and technical aspects as well as local planning.
Also available in Arabic.