- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Local Strategic Planning at the Level of Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities in Lebanon
This training guidebook falls within the framework of the project entitled “Enhanced Municipal Governance for Effective Decentralization in Lebanon”, implemented by UN-Habitat in cooperation with the Ministry of Interior and Municipalities/ Directorate General of Administrations and Local Councils and funded by the Italian Government.
The project aims at supporting the Directorate General through the empowerment of the Department of Guidance and Investigation and enhancing communication with the Municipalities and Unions of Municipalities. The project also intends to develop a national municipal capacity development plan which encompasses training curricula on financial, administrative and technical aspects as well as local planning.
Also available in Arabic.