- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards reaches Inno Way
Beijing 21 August 2015— UN-Habitat Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards has walked into Inno Way in Zhongguancun, China’s silicon valley, to promote the Chinese version of the submission entry of the Awards and conduct a two-day exchange with many innovators and entrepreneurs.
As required by Chinese young innovators and entrepreneurs, UN-Habitat Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards launched the Chinese version of the submission entry of the Awards in early August. Chinese applicants can log on the submission webpage to check out the application guidelines and apply for the Awards in Chinese. Click here for the Chinese Version submission entry.
Inno Way now becomes a talent pool of Chinese innovators and entrepreneurs. During the two-day promotion, information, dissemination and on-site interaction, many innovators and entrepreneurs were attracted. Chinese star Jing Boran also promoted this activity on internet and hoped to employ his social influence to inspire more Chinese youth to go to the international platform with their dream.
UN-Habitat Youth Innovation and Entrepreneurship Awards is a global competition for youth on innovation and entrepreneurship, initiated by UN-Habitat and International Ecological Safety Collaborative Organization (IESCO), and solely endorsed by CDO. It provides a carrier and platform for young entrepreneurs and other youth to share and learn from each other.
- The Awards has the following sub-categories:
- Youth Leadership.
- Green Inventions and Innovations.
- Urban Ecological Safety.
- Youth Entrepreneurship.
- Social and Cultural Innovations.
Every sub-category will have two winners, each of whom will receive a prize grant of 20,000 USD, and a certificate, and a trophy from UN-Habitat and IESCO. The deadline is August 31, 2015. Now the voting has entered into the final phase and the submission is about to be closed. The review committee and expert panel in all fields from all around the world will soon start reviewing the submission materials.