- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Hudur Urban Profile- Working Paper and Spatial Analysis for Urban Planning Consultations and Durable Solutions for Displacement Crises
The Hudur Urban Profile is part of a series of working paper summarizing major aspects of an urban analysis from the spatial prospective for elaborating on solutions for long term urban development and current displacement crisis in Somalia.
That includes considerations of the development potentials and constraints with a time horizon of five to ten years.
Based on the current Community Action Planning Process in Hudur’s urban villages, the recent establishment of the District Council, and reflecting on local, state and national strategy papers and plans, the paper outlines proposals for town planning and transformations with the integration and upgrading of the many IPD settlements in a way that all residents benefit from the improved living conditions, better access to urban services and job opportunities.
The profile was developed under the Midnimo Programme jointly implemented by International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the United Nation Human Settlements Programme (UN-Habitat), which support the Attainment of Durable Solutions in Areas Impacted by Displacement and Returns in Jubaland and South West States. It stems from a newly established UN Peacebuilding
Programme and aligns itself with broader peacebuilding and stabilization objectives championed by the Ministry of Internal and Federal Affairs and Regional Authorities in Jubaland and South West States.