- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
HLPF background notes on SDG 11
2018 Review of SDGs implementation: SDG 11 – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable.
The pledge of Goal 11 to make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient and sustainable provides an unparalleled opportunity for the attainment of collective and inclusive progress, and for the achievement of sustainable development in the world.Since 2015, SDG 11 has catalyzed collaboration and partnerships between diverse groups of stakeholders at the local level, and between local, regional, and national governments. However, cities and regions continue to struggle with providing adequate housing, services, and infrastructure, especially in light of the increasing global incidence of natural disasters. A number of challenges in data availability to track progress towards implementation of SDG 11 also present significant barriers to assessing global progress on the goal.