- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Training on Innovative Approaches to Deliver Affordable Housing Options in Asia:...
Green Buildings – Training Workshops in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda
UN-Habitat in collaboration with partners organizes training workshops in Nairobi, Kenya and Kampala, Uganda on Green Building
Training Workshop in Nairobi, Kenya
UN-Habitat in collaboration with Kenya Property Developers Association (KPDA), The Kenya Association of Manufacturers (KAM), Architectural Association of Kenya (AAK) and Kenya Green Building Society (KGBS)invite you to a 3-day training on Green Buildings in promoting energy conservation to be held at the Apollo Center, Nairobi from 14th -16th July 2014.
This training is aimed at building practitioners (architects, engineers and developers), consultants, designers and contractors.
The training will be jointly held by experts from UN-Habitat, the Politecnico di Milano, Italy, Architectural Association of Kenya and Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology.
As the world is moving from fossil fuel based economy to sustainable use of energy, we need to also green our built environment. The course will provide basic information and tools for sustainable buildings design in Kenyan climates and will encompass the following subjects:
- Principles of thermal, visual and acoustic comfort
- Designing with the local climate: application of climatic data in building design
- Solar geometry: sun charts, shadow masks and software tools
- Passive design (site and building layout and planning, shading, natural ventilation, natural cooling), focused on Kenyan climatic zones
- Windows design, daylight enhancement,
- Appropriate use of local building materials
How to register
For further information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 523 4923.
Online registration for the training can be done here
Registration Fee is Ksh. 25’000 plus VAT.
We will accept payment via cheque, mpesa or credit card.
Training Workshop in Kampala, Uganda
The Training Workshop in Kampala takes place from 17th -19th July 20