- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Global partnership for exchange of expertise in sustainable urbanization
Moscow, 17 July 2018 – UN-Habitat and the Moscow Urban Forum (MUF) have established a global partnership to promote exchange of professional expertise in the search for effective solutions to acute urban development issues. “UN-Habitat is focusing on identification of key challenges in urban development and potential responses by cities using innovative solutions. Our Forum is also focusing on the challenges that cities of the future may face. Our partnership with UN-Habitat will promote the adoption of these solutions in the Moscow Development Agenda,” noted Vasily Auzan the MUF 2018 Program Director during the signing of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between the two parties.
Emphasizing that the Moscow Urban Forum is a venue for peer learning based on best practices, mutual understanding and development Eduardo Moreno, Director of Research and Capacity Development at UN-Habitat expressed hope that cooperation between the two organizations will be productive. “The MoU we are signing today is equally important for both agencies as a confirmation of our intention to work and develop together. As an evolving megacity Moscow has demonstrated outstanding results each year and its experience will be of critical importance for colleagues all over the world.”
Thanking UN-Habitat for being a Global Partner of the 2018 Moscow Urban Forum Denis Boykov CEO of the MUF noted that collaboration between the two parties was successfully established at the 9th session of the World Urban Forum in Kuala Lumpur. “Similar agendas for global sustainable development will certainly be emerging considering the development of cities we see today”, he said, adding that Moscow would be honored to consider hosting the future sessions of the World Urban Forum.
UN-Habitat is leading discussion on several topics including the City Prosperity Index, public space and safety for socially inclusive cities, participatory budgeting, and mass housing and affordability, with a focus on Russia.