- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Global cities come together on city resilience profiling
Barcelona, 12 July 2014: The first meeting of UN-Habitat’s City Resilience Profiling Programme (CRPP) took place earlier this month with four member cities meeting in Spain.
The Programme brought together representatives from Beirut, Concepción-Talcahuano, Wellington, and the host city, Barcelona, to hold the inaugural workshop and assess how they are progressing in the development and completion of the City Resilience Profiling Tool.
Due to the high level of participation of cities, the experience meant that cities could expose and share the main difficulties and challenges that they face with the process and, at the same time, request information from the Programme to implement improvements in the development of the tool and its web application.
This type of meeting is part of the strategy of the City Resilience Profiling Programme to help and accompanying partner cities in the use of the tool.