- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Germany bolsters support for UN-Habitat through additional funding
Part of the funding (EUR 1 million) was allocated to contribute directly to UN-Habitat’s work with Syrian refugees, supporting the “Solid Waste Management Support in Affected Syrian Cities” project.
The remainder has been earmarked for support towards the UN conference on Housing and Sustainable Urban Development, Habitat III, which is set to take place in 2016.
The agreements were signed at the UN-Habitat headquarters in Nairobi by UN Under-Secretary-General and UN-Habitat Executive Director, Dr Joan Clos and Mr Andreas Peschke, German Ambassador and Permanent Representative of Germany to UN-Habitat and UNEP (the United Nations Environment Programme).