- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
It is anticipated that the drafting committee will begin its work on Monday 8th May 2017 in the afternoon after receiving the resolutions from the Committee of the Whole
At its nineteenth session, on an informal basis, the Governing Council established an ad hoc open‑ended drafting committee, chaired by one of the vice-presidents, to pre-screen draft resolutions submitted by delegations with a view to merging, reconciling or clarifying them, as necessary, prior to their consideration by the Governing Council in plenary meeting. The Governing Council will most likely consider this practice, which was widely considered to have enhanced the efficiency of its work, with the report of the drafting committee first passing through the Committee of the Whole for endorsement prior to final adoption by the Governing Council.