- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
The First dialogue may begin on Tuesday 9th May 2017
The dialogue is to centered around the theme of the Governing Council and is in pursuant of resolution 16/12, the Governing Council.
With a view to increasing the participation in and contribution by local authorities and other partners to the work of the Governing Council and towards the attainment of common goals to achieve the implementation of the Habitat Agenda, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing for Development, the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, the Paris Agreement adopted under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the 2016 “New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants”, arrangements have been made for a dialogue between Governments, local authorities and other partners to be held during the plenary meeting on the third day of the twenty-sixth session . That dialogue will follow the format used by Committee II at the second United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II), held in Istanbul from 3 to 14 June 1996. Representatives of partner groups will be given the opportunity to make substantive presentations, followed by a dialogue or discussion among Governments, local authorities and partners. Local authorities and other partners are therefore encouraged to submit to the secretariat, in advance, a written summary of their presentation, for distribution to all participants ahead of the meeting.