- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
The First dialogue may begin on Tuesday 9th May 2017
The dialogue is to centered around the theme of the Governing Council and is in pursuant of resolution 16/12, the Governing Council.
With a view to increasing the participation in and contribution by local authorities and other partners to the work of the Governing Council and towards the attainment of common goals to achieve the implementation of the Habitat Agenda, the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), the Addis Ababa Action Agenda of the Third International Conference on Financing for Development, the Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction 2015-2030, the Paris Agreement adopted under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and the 2016 “New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants”, arrangements have been made for a dialogue between Governments, local authorities and other partners to be held during the plenary meeting on the third day of the twenty-sixth session . That dialogue will follow the format used by Committee II at the second United Nations Conference on Human Settlements (Habitat II), held in Istanbul from 3 to 14 June 1996. Representatives of partner groups will be given the opportunity to make substantive presentations, followed by a dialogue or discussion among Governments, local authorities and partners. Local authorities and other partners are therefore encouraged to submit to the secretariat, in advance, a written summary of their presentation, for distribution to all participants ahead of the meeting.