- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
First newsletter on urban project promoting low emissions released
The first newsletter on the second phase of the Urban-LEDS project, or “Accelerating climate action through the promotion of Urban Low Emission Development Strategies” has been released. The project is implemented by UN-Habitat and ICLEI (Local Governments for Sustainability) and funded by the European Union. The project supports local governments and partners to integrate low emission planning and practice into urban development in South America, Africa, South and South East Asia. The newsletter includes updates on the eight project countries and the cities involved along with insights from city staff involved in the project.