- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
International Youth Day 2018
Date(s) - 10/08/2018
Categories No Categories
Every year the 12th of August sees the commemoration of International Youth Day (IYD). The theme for International Youth Day 2018 is “Safe Spaces for Youth”. This year’s event will facilitate a dialogue on safe spaces between governments, UN agencies, academia, civil society, and -most importantly- youth groups, with the goal of offering practical solutions to the challenges of creating youth-friendly spaces.
The 2018 official commemoration will take place on the August 10th, 2018 in Nairobi. The event aims to promote youth engagement and empowerment by exploring the role of safe spaces in contributing to freedom of expression, mutual respect and constructive dialogue. The discussions will be focused on four major topics: civic spaces, public spaces, digital spaces, and youth-friendly physical spaces. Participate in the International Youth Day celebration and follow the conversation online to contribute and amplify youth voices, concerns, and ideas.
For more information click here.