- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
International Youth Day 2018
Date(s) - 10/08/2018
Categories No Categories
Every year the 12th of August sees the commemoration of International Youth Day (IYD). The theme for International Youth Day 2018 is “Safe Spaces for Youth”. This year’s event will facilitate a dialogue on safe spaces between governments, UN agencies, academia, civil society, and -most importantly- youth groups, with the goal of offering practical solutions to the challenges of creating youth-friendly spaces.
The 2018 official commemoration will take place on the August 10th, 2018 in Nairobi. The event aims to promote youth engagement and empowerment by exploring the role of safe spaces in contributing to freedom of expression, mutual respect and constructive dialogue. The discussions will be focused on four major topics: civic spaces, public spaces, digital spaces, and youth-friendly physical spaces. Participate in the International Youth Day celebration and follow the conversation online to contribute and amplify youth voices, concerns, and ideas.
For more information click here.