- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF)
Date(s) - 09/07/2018 - 18/07/2018
Joint side-event with Ax:son Johnson Foundation on Public Space and closed door UN agencies roundtable
Project for Public Space and London markets
New York, USA
Summary of events
(1) Joint side event on “Measuring the Urban Commons” inviting cities (Addis, Johannesburg, Wuhan, Netherlands, Colombia) that have measured open and green public space on the neighbourhood and city level to present and discuss how we can advance on rolling out the public space assessment tool to be able to ensure that indicator for SDG 11.7.1 is elevated to Tier 3.
(2) Closed door UN-agencies roundtable to develop a joint implementation framework with public space as the entry point to support cities in achieving SDG 11.7 and the New Urban Agenda.
(3) Two Urban public space walks (one above ground and the other below ground).
Laura Petrella, Andrew Rudd, Jose Chong and Cecilia Andersson: email@example.com