- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Training on Innovative Approaches to Deliver Affordable Housing Options in Asia:...
High-level Political Forum on Sustainable Development (HLPF)
Date(s) - 09/07/2018 - 18/07/2018
Joint side-event with Ax:son Johnson Foundation on Public Space and closed door UN agencies roundtable
Project for Public Space and London markets
New York, USA
Summary of events
(1) Joint side event on “Measuring the Urban Commons” inviting cities (Addis, Johannesburg, Wuhan, Netherlands, Colombia) that have measured open and green public space on the neighbourhood and city level to present and discuss how we can advance on rolling out the public space assessment tool to be able to ensure that indicator for SDG 11.7.1 is elevated to Tier 3.
(2) Closed door UN-agencies roundtable to develop a joint implementation framework with public space as the entry point to support cities in achieving SDG 11.7 and the New Urban Agenda.
(3) Two Urban public space walks (one above ground and the other below ground).
Laura Petrella, Andrew Rudd, Jose Chong and Cecilia Andersson: firstname.lastname@example.org