- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Habitat III Cross-Cutting Expert Group Meeting on Safer Cities in the New Urban Agenda, Geneva, 6 – 8 July 2016
Date(s) - 06/07/2016 - 08/07/2016
“Reviewing the State of Safety in World Cities: Safer Cities +20” – Towards a Transformative Approach in the Implementation of the New Urban Agenda
Building on the urgency to advance safety and development in cities, the conference is a call to action to enroot integrated approaches to urban safety, crime prevention and conflict prevention as an integral part of city governance to assist national and local governments, mayors, technical city officials and societal actors to improve the quality of life of people.
The conference agenda will be guided by the SDG Goal 11 and 16 and towards the new urban agenda vision 2030. The conference will bring together representatives from national and local governments, criminal justice institutions and law enforcers, civil society organisations including women and youth organisations, academic experts and research institutions, the private sector, UN agencies and international organisations to discuss experiences of making cities safer. The event is organised by UN-HABITAT and UNECE, with assistance from the United Nations Office at Geneva and the Geneva Peacebuilding Platform. For registration and more information, click here.