- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Discussion Paper – September 10, 2018: Municipal Finance in India
This discussion paper brings together the Indian experience on municipal finance to flag emerging issues for wider consideration among urban sector stakeholders across the countries in line with New Urban Agenda (HABITAT III) and its emphasis on sustainability, self-sufficiency and vertical /horizontal balance in the municipal finance. The paper examines the status of municipal finance with a particular reference to, financial management, mobilization of funds from own/external sources and expenditure management. Finally, a list of lessons drawn and points to probe is given for necessary follow up and feedback.