- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Cooperation agreement promotes sustainable use of underground urban space
Nairobi, 22 September 2014: A memorandum of understanding signed earlier this month with Associated research Centers for the Urban Underground Space (ACUUS) aims to raise awareness of best practices of the sustainable uses of underground space for urban development.
The agreement specifically focuses on adequate urban drainage management, city planning, and sustainable mobility solutions, promoting their use and best practice among decision-makers and local authorities.
Under the agreement, ACUUS and UN-Habitat will collaborate and work together to share and transfer the benefits, lessons learned, best practices, advantages and financing opportunities of underground space maintenance and development for its sustainable usage within a context of urban development, resilient cities and disaster risk reduction.
The collaboration will make use of both organisations’ experiences and knowledge in the field.
The Associated research Centers for the Urban Underground Space (ACUUS) is an international non-governmental association actively promoting partnership amongst all actors in the field of planning, management, research and uses of urban underground space. The ACUUS strives to bind these public, private and university levels into a cohesive network of mutual cooperation for the benefit of all parties involved.