Consultant Income Management, (Nairobi), Deadline: 29 May 2017
Issued on: 17 May 2017
Resources Mobilization & Income Management
Consultant Income Management
29 May 2017
BACKGROUND The United Nations Human Settlements Programme, UN-Habitat, is the United Nations agency for Human Settlements. It is mandated by the UN General Assembly to promote socially and environmentally sustainable towns and cities with the goal of providing adequate shelter for all. As the United Nations focal point on human settlements, UN-Habitat will lead advocacy efforts to raise awareness of sustainable urbanization issues; provide evidence-based policy advice; build capacities; develop tools, norms and standards based on best practices; work on demonstration projects and provide assistance to national Governments, local authorities and other public institutions responsible for urban issues.
The Donor Relations and Income Management unit is responsible for enhancing resources for sustainable urbanization programmes in UN-Habitat. One of the objectives of the unit is to increase the level of resources from governments, local authorities, private sector, foundations, and other donors. The vacancy is located in the Donor Relations and Income Management Unit under Management and Operations Division. Under the direct supervision of the Chief of the Unit, the incumbent’s responsibilities include:
- Compile earmarked and non-earmarked income contributions for the whole agency by cost centre, donor, beneficiary countries and theme;
- Maintain financial data on donors, including graphical analysis by donor, region, theme, etc.;
- Maintenance and update of information on earmarked and non-earmarked income contributions and pledges, including upload of the updated income information on the agency’s intranet and donor information system;
- Preparing income trend analysis and financial forecast as part of the annual report preparation;
- Assist with the preparation of the unit’s annual work plan, and with monitoring and following up on delivery of outputs and results against the plan;
- Updating information on the donor relations and income pages on the Intranet and the donor page public site. This includes financial data on donors, including graphical analysis by donor, region, theme, etc.;
- Provide contribution history of donors to Executive and Senior Management to support their missions. Details should include the countries, themes, contribution trends of the donor;
- Liaise with the finance unit to ensure that all new contributions are acknowledged and that thank you letters and receipts have been sent within agreed timescales;
- Support donor consultations and other meetings of the unit including planning, reporting and logistics;
- Provide and update financial information on donors in the Donor Information System.
Teamwork – Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Organization and planning – Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
EDUCATION : A Bachelor’s degree in Commerce or any other related field.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least two years’ practical experience in the field of Finance and accounting, with a focus on income management and budgeting; experience using ERP and other accounting software; financial and accounting experience will be an added advantage
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Proficiency in English (both oral and written) is required
Applications should include:|
Please be advised that since April 15th 2010, applicants for consultancies must be part of the
All applications should be submitted to:
Deadline for applications: 29 May 2017
UN-Habitat does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process. If you have any questions concerning persons or companies claiming to be recruiting on behalf of these offices and requesting the payment of a fee, please contact: email@example.com