- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Communiqué on Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development: UN-Habitat Gender-Responsive Engagement in Post-Conflict Contexts
On 20 and 21 April, 25 international experts participated in The Expert Group Meeting (EGM), Linking Relief, Rehabilitation and Development (LRRD): UN-Habitat Gender-Responsive Engagement in Post-Conflict Contexts. The Meeting focused on the refinement of methodologies employed by UN-Habitat in three issue areas: housing & livelihoods, safety & security and spatial planning, in relation to gender equality in urban post-conflict contexts.
In addition, Meeting Experts acknowledge the international agreements and resolutions (see Annex) as being paramount, in the way of binding policy, in the journey forward toward promoting GEWE in post-conflict contexts in the New Urban Agenda.