- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Total value of UN-Habitat investments (2008-2013): US$ 6,585,804
- Total number of UN-Habitat projects (2008-2013): 10 projects
- Main donors: Secretaria Distrital de Desarrollo Economico (SDDE), ECOPETROL, ISVIMED, Departamento Nacional de Planeación–DNP, FOPAE, Secretaría de Medio Ambiente, FINDETER, CAF, APC, ANSPE, ICBF, AMVA.
- Implementing partners: municipalities, government ministries and institutions, civic associations, Association of Colombian Capital Cities (Asociación de Ciudades Capitales de Colombia-ACCC), and financial institutions
Colombia is a country with more than 45 million people and with an urban population of about 75%. Cities in Colombia face great challenges related to the rapid urban growth. Some issues such as social inequality, unsustainable resources management, big development and security gaps inside urban areas, pose a great number of challenges for the cities.