- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
City Profile Lattakia. Multi Sector Assessment
Lattakia is a major Syrian city situated on the Mediterranean Sea, Lattakia is an important port playing an essential role in the imports and exports for Aleppo (Syria’s industrial capital) and for the Syrian Eastern Region. In 2010, the Syrian Central Bureau of Statistics (CBS) estimated the population of Lattakia City at approximately 425,500 inhabitants.
The City Profile provides a pre-2011 baseline and current situation data to describe the impact of the crisis accompanied by narrative description and analysis.