- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Call for Regional and Thematic meetings for Habitat III
As part of the preparatory process towards Habitat III, Member States, local organizations and other institutions are encouraged to organize regional or thematic meetings to ensure an inclusive and focused discussion on sustainable urban development for a New Urban Agenda.
The Conference welcomes the participation and contributions of all Member States and relevant stakeholders, including parliamentarians, civil society organizations, regional and local government and municipality representatives, professionals and researchers, academia, foundations, women and youth groups, trade unions, and the private sector, as well as organizations of the United Nations system and intergovernmental organizations.
In line with the Habitat III Roadmap, meetings will be organized from May 2015 to February 2016. Member States, local organizations and institutions wishing to express their interest in officially hosting a regional or thematic meeting on the path to Habitat III are required to send an official communication to the Habitat III Secretariat, at Habitat3Secretariat@un.org, before 15 February 2015
For details, please refer to the attached document ‘Call for Expression of Interest for Regional and Thematic meetings’ and the Habitat III portal here.