- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
Briefing Note: The UN Delivering as One Approach
The creation of the Delivering as One pilots was recommended by the Secretary-General’s High-Level Panel on UN System-wide Coherence, a group of heads of state and policy makers tasked to examine ways to strengthen the UN’s ability to respond to the challenges of the 21st Century.
The Delivering as One pilot initiative builds on the existing reform agenda set by UN member states, which asks the UN development system to accelerate its efforts to increase coherence and effectiveness of its operations in the field through the establishment of Joint Offices. In response to the High-level Panel’s Report and consistent with the work under the TCPR, the Secretary-General requested the Chair of the UNDG to move forward with the implementation of the Delivering as One pilots.