- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Visioning as Participatory Planning Tool
The Sourcebook on Visioning as Participatory Planning Tool draws from the experience of several successive programmes implemented by UN-Habitat in Kosovo, which used visioning as a participatory planning tool. The publication gives examples of engaging civil society in the visioning exercise and shows how the initial ideas were turned into practical development initiatives and capital projects.
The Sourcebook presents a combination of an analysis of spatial and urban planning in Kosovo, observations and lessons learned from the workshops conducted in Kosovo municipalities, and a collection of planning tools, exercises and ideas for facilitators interested to test this method in their work. This publication is designed to inspire a new generation of Kosovo planners, civil society activists. It is also to help the public at large plan for better, smarter, greener, and safer towns and cities which offer equal opportunities for all citizens.
Submit your review