- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Unpacking Metropolitan Governance for Sustainable Development: Analysis of Case Studies: Summary Reports of Case Studies
This case study analysis forms part of the publication series “Unpacking metropolitan governance” that documents experiences and gives hands-on approaches for stakeholders in the field of sustainable development of metropolitan regions.
The analysis and the summary reports of the case studies of Metropolitan Bandung (Indonesia), Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (Mexico) and e-Thekwini (Durban, South Africa) are following the joint publication of the discussion paper “Unpacking Metropolitan Governance for Sustainable Development”, UN-Habitat, GIZ and FMDV encourage a critical and intensive discussion among policy makers and practitioners about the findings and recommendations offered by the discussion paper, case study reports, and analyses.
The publication series shall serve as a reference point for the ongoing international discussion on transforming urbanization, implementing the Sustainable Development Goals at the local and metropolitan level and thereby contribute to the Habitat III debate.
In addition, GIZ and UN-Habitat have developed a Metropolitan Capacity Assessment Methodology as a modular toolbox to assess existing capacity in a metropolitan setting, future needs, and identify options for change.
Submit your review