- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Unpacking Metropolitan Governance for Sustainable Development: Analysis of Case Studies: Summary Reports of Case Studies
This case study analysis forms part of the publication series “Unpacking metropolitan governance” that documents experiences and gives hands-on approaches for stakeholders in the field of sustainable development of metropolitan regions.
The analysis and the summary reports of the case studies of Metropolitan Bandung (Indonesia), Guadalajara Metropolitan Area (Mexico) and e-Thekwini (Durban, South Africa) are following the joint publication of the discussion paper “Unpacking Metropolitan Governance for Sustainable Development”, UN-Habitat, GIZ and FMDV encourage a critical and intensive discussion among policy makers and practitioners about the findings and recommendations offered by the discussion paper, case study reports, and analyses.
The publication series shall serve as a reference point for the ongoing international discussion on transforming urbanization, implementing the Sustainable Development Goals at the local and metropolitan level and thereby contribute to the Habitat III debate.
In addition, GIZ and UN-Habitat have developed a Metropolitan Capacity Assessment Methodology as a modular toolbox to assess existing capacity in a metropolitan setting, future needs, and identify options for change.