- UN-Habitat Launches Global Municipal Database
- Women’s Groups Discuss Engaging Women in Promoting Safety
- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
UN-Habitat Support to Sustainable Urban Development in Kenya – Volume 2
Report on Capacity Building for County Governments under the Kenya Municipal Programme.
This is the second report in a series titled ‘UN-Habitat Support to Sustainable Urban Development in Kenya’. The focus of this report is on capacity development activities conducted for the Kenya Municipal Programme, Cluster I and II urban centres, namely: Mombasa, Kitui and Malindi. The report captures the outcomes of a One-Day Learning Session and a Two-Day Rapid Planning Studio conducted for county technical officers and two One-Day Learning Sessions for Members of County Assemblies.
The content of the report is structured into five sections: Part 1 describes the Background to the Kenya Municipal Programme, and UN-Habitat’s Support to the Programme; Part 2 provides the urbanisation context of Mombasa, Kitui and Malindi; Part 3 examines the implementation of urban development plans and the challenges it faces; Part 4 is a report on the outcomes of the One-Day Learning Sessions; and Part 5 discusses the outcomes of the Two-Day Rapid Planning Studio.