- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
UN-Habitat gender journey
In 2012, UN-Habitat established the Advisory Group on gender issues (AGGI) as an independent body to advise the Executive Director on all issues related to gender in the agency’s work. One of the first requests of AGGI members was for a document informing the organisation’s current gender work. This gender history is commissioned by UN-Habitat in response to AGGI’s request. Many past and present staff members and partners of UN-Habitat have contributed through availing documents, giving interviews, writing text and making comments.
Submit your review