- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Country Programme Document 2008-2009- Zambia
The Habitat Country Programme Document for Zambia outlines the main objectives and priorities for UN-HABITAT and the Zambian Government. In collaboration with the Government and other United Nations Agencies, the overall aim of this UNHABITATCountry Programme Document is to promote the Habitat Agenda. UN-HABITAT plays an active role in urban development and urban policy.
Through partnerships with various ministries, UNHABITAT has assisted in identifying key urban issues and areas of support to improve the urban situation in Zambia. Through an analysis of four key sectors including: HIV/AIDS, Local Governance, Housing and Basic Services and Urban Environment, the Zambia UN-HABITAT Country Programme Document provides an overview of the national policy context and the intervention areas for the Government to address urban development challenges.
Submit your review