- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Country Programme Document 2008-2009 – Malawi
The Habitat Country Programme Document for Malawi outlines the main development objectives and priorities in the area of shelter and human settlements in Malawi. In collaboration with the Government, local and international partners, and other UN Agencies, the overall aim of this HCPD is to attain sustainable urbanisation and reduce urban poverty.
Through an analysis of seven key sectors including: Governance, Land, Housing, Water and Sanitation, Urban planning and management and HIV/ AIDS and through partnerships with the Malawi Local Government Association, the Ministry of Transport, Public Works and Housing, and Ministries responsible for Land, Housing and Local Government, UN-HABITAT has assisted to identify key urban issues and areas of support to improve the urban situation in Malawi.
Submit your review