- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
UN-Habitat Country Programme Document 2008-2009 – Lebanon
With an estimate of 87% of the total number of population living in urban areas (a rate higher than that of the Arab States), urbanization is considered one of the key issues facing Lebanon.
The population is distributed unevenly among regions. Around 48% of total number of the population is distributed in Beirut and Mount Lebanon regions alone, whereas only 13.6% live in Bekaa region (the largest governorate in size).
Submit your review