- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Transport and Mobility Snapshots
This illustrated report provides a rich collection of images of sustainable urban transport and mobility initiatives from cities around the world which are represented in the United Nations Advisory Committee of Local Authorities (UNACLA). The collection considers the current transport situation and challenges faced by each city – this includes high levels of energy consumption, carbon dioxide emissions, congestion, road casualties, urban sprawl, and social exclusion.
The report also describes how these cities have implemented creative solutions aimed at improved urban planning, traffic demand management, public transit, non-motorized transport, streetscape design, road planning, low-emission vehicles, and logistics planning. The ultimate goal for each of these cities is to improve the quality of urban life for its citizens.
Submit your review