- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
THE 4th ASIA PACIFIC MINISTERIAL CONFERENCE ON HOUSING AND URBAN DEVELOPMENT (APMCHUD), Youth and IT in Sustainable Urban Development
The Asia-Pacific region has more than half of its population composed of young people. The region is experiencing quite a number of positive developments but equally in the same measure registers quite a number of challenges amongst which are unemployment, poverty and increased population in slums. Recognizing this, the Asia Pacific Conference on Housing and Urban Development adopted the theme ‘Youth and IT in Sustainable Urban Development’.
Youth want recognition, meaningful employment and engagements in decision making processes. It is becoming a very strong tool for connection, and the burning question is how ICT companies under the public-private partnerships can come up with modalities and take more social cooperate responsibilities in addressing short-comings. Youth should be seen as positive human power and not as a problem.
Submit your review