- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Tanzania: Bagamoyo Urban Profile
In Tanzania, the profiling was undertaken under the principal leadership of Professor B.B.K. Majani, of the University College of Lands and Architectural Studies (UCLAS), and national and local authorities. This initiative has been carried out locally in Dar es Salaam, Bagamoyo, and Morogoro as well as nationally.
The National Urban Profile focuses on the findings of a desk-study, interviews with key actors and a town consultation with key urban actors and institutions. Consultation participants agreed to address the salient urban issues including poverty, insecurity, corruption, pollution and crime all problems that negatively affect investments and economic development.
A consensus was reached on priority interventions in the form of programme and project proposals to be implemented.