- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
- Press Release: Abu Dhabi Signs Agreement with UN-Habitat to Host 10th World...
- One Hundred Youth Receive Training on Solar Street Lighting to Curb Urban...
- Workshop Promotes Sustainable Social Housing Projects in India
- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
Tanzania: Bagamoyo Urban Profile
In Tanzania, the profiling was undertaken under the principal leadership of Professor B.B.K. Majani, of the University College of Lands and Architectural Studies (UCLAS), and national and local authorities. This initiative has been carried out locally in Dar es Salaam, Bagamoyo, and Morogoro as well as nationally.
The National Urban Profile focuses on the findings of a desk-study, interviews with key actors and a town consultation with key urban actors and institutions. Consultation participants agreed to address the salient urban issues including poverty, insecurity, corruption, pollution and crime all problems that negatively affect investments and economic development.
A consensus was reached on priority interventions in the form of programme and project proposals to be implemented.
Submit your review