- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Tanzania: Bagamoyo Urban Profile
In Tanzania, the profiling was undertaken under the principal leadership of Professor B.B.K. Majani, of the University College of Lands and Architectural Studies (UCLAS), and national and local authorities. This initiative has been carried out locally in Dar es Salaam, Bagamoyo, and Morogoro as well as nationally.
The National Urban Profile focuses on the findings of a desk-study, interviews with key actors and a town consultation with key urban actors and institutions. Consultation participants agreed to address the salient urban issues including poverty, insecurity, corruption, pollution and crime all problems that negatively affect investments and economic development.
A consensus was reached on priority interventions in the form of programme and project proposals to be implemented.
Submit your review