- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Sustainable Mobility in African Cities
This report is the summary of the seminar ‘Sustainable Development of Public Transport in Africa’, held in Nairobi, Kenya. The event was jointly organised by UN-HABITAT, UITP (the International Association of Public Transport) and UATP (the African Association of Public Transport).
The meeting assembled experts from around the world to share knowledge and expertise with a focus on urban passenger mobility in Africa in preparation for the United Nations Commission of Sustainable Development’s 18th and 19th sessions in 2010 and 2011. The joint declaration and this report synthesise the key messages from the event.
Submit your review