- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Survivors Speak A snapshot survey on violence against women
This survey report is part of the Safer Cities Nairobi Project aiming at shedding light on the hidden problem of violence against women, and to address the gaps of information that persist on this subject.
The publication highlights the main forms of abuse experienced by women in Nairobi, the socio-economic characteristics of both the victims and the perpetrators; the impacts of abuse on the victims; the types of services and assistance that victims turn to; their suggestions to improve these services; their suggestions for government action; and, their suggested ways forward to make Nairobi a safer place.
Submit your review