- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Sorsogon, Philippines: Climate Change Assessment
The Sorsogon Climate Change Assessment examines the climate change impacts, vulnerability and adaptation capacity of a small coastal city in the Philippines – Sorsogon City in the Bicol Region. The assessment uses a participatory Vulnerability and Adaptation process that looks into the city’s exposure, sensitivity, and adaptive capacity vis-a-vis projected climate scenarios, previous climate related disaster events and people’s account of the past events and observations.
The summary is based on the report titled “Sorsogon City Climate Change Vulnerability and Adaptation Assessment”, an initial output of the city’s activities under the Cities and Climate Change Initiative.
Submit your review