- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Review of UN-Habitat’s Participation in the Delivering as One UN Initiative
The review covers the opportunities and challenges of UN-Habitat’s participation in the Delivering as One (DaO) United Nations Initiative, and makes recommendations for a more rational, coherent and effective participation. UN-Habitat is currently active in six pilot DaO countries: Cape Verde, Mozambique, Pakistan, Rwanda, Tanzania and Vietnam.
The review was requested by the UN General Assembly, for consideration by Member States, and conducted by two independent consultants during the period from March to June 2011. A key finding of the review is that effective participation of UN-Habitat in joint programming has the potential to enhance its visibility and sharpen its comparative image.
It also finds that establishment of National Urbanisation Committees or National Urban Forums with membership drawn from the Government, civil society groups and the private sector will be important to position the urban agenda at country level, and that UN-Habitat Headquarters should streamline its structure and working modality to enable it to “deliver as one”.
Submit your review