- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 4 EVICTION: Alternatives to the whole-scale destruction of urban poor communities
This Quick Guide explores several practicable and replicable alternatives to evictions which are being tested, refined and scaled up by governments, community groups and support institutions in Asia.
In almost all cases, poor communities are central creative partners in these processes. The guide rpresents guidelines to help policy makers to build better formal procedures to minimize forced eviction.
Submit your review