- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 4 EVICTION: Alternatives to the whole-scale destruction of urban poor communities
This Quick Guide explores several practicable and replicable alternatives to evictions which are being tested, refined and scaled up by governments, community groups and support institutions in Asia.
In almost all cases, poor communities are central creative partners in these processes. The guide rpresents guidelines to help policy makers to build better formal procedures to minimize forced eviction.