- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Quick Guides for Policy Makers 2; LOW-INCOME HOUSING. Approaches to help the urban poor find adequate accomodation
This Quick Guide describes ways of addressing low-income housing. It reviews well – tried methods of improving the housing environments of people living in slums and informal settlements, and providing adequate housing for future generations living in Asia’s cities.
The guide examines considerations needed to improve these settlements, and to produce housing at a city-wide scale.