- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Promoting Biodiversity In and Around the Lake Victoria Basin
This Working Paper critically assesses the potential role of local authorities in promoting biodiversity conservation in the Lake Victoria Cities within the existing global framework of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
It sets the broader context on the inextricable linkages between biodiversity conservation and the urban environment. Specifically, by critically evaluates the emerging role of cities.
Submit your review