- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Promoting Biodiversity In and Around the Lake Victoria Basin
This Working Paper critically assesses the potential role of local authorities in promoting biodiversity conservation in the Lake Victoria Cities within the existing global framework of the Convention on Biological Diversity.
It sets the broader context on the inextricable linkages between biodiversity conservation and the urban environment. Specifically, by critically evaluates the emerging role of cities.
Submit your review