- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Programmatic Guidance Note for UN-Habitat Staff. Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
The purpose of this Programmatic Guidance Note is to provide assistance to UN-Habitat staff for the promotion and protection of human rights. The objectives of the Note are to:
1. Provide a clear description of human rights and the Human Rights-Based Approach (HRBA) and highlight the relevance to the work of UN-Habitat.
2. Define clearly the responsibilities of UN-Habitat with respect to human rights, based on the UN-Habitat mandate.
3. Provide guidance on how a HRBA should be integrated into the UN-Habitat programming.
The Guidance Note will outline the core principles of Human Rights and the Human Rights-Based Approach. It will then explain this in the context of UN-Habitat work and certain rights that are particularly applicable.
Submit your review