- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Key Competencies for Improving Local Governance – Local Elected Leadership (LEL) Series Volume 1
Without strong local institutions and motivated staff, decentralization and
human settlements reform will not deliver the desired development
outcomes. Yet, many local authorities and civil society organisations lack
the human resources required to meet urgent needs. Training and capacity
building is therefore a wise investment into the future sustainability of our
cities. The Training and Capacity Building Branch (TCBB) of UN-HABITAT
supports national training institutions to build their capacity to implement
innovative programmes, focusing on local governance and sustainable
human settlements development. Typical activities include training needs
assessment, development of manuals, training of trainers, and impact
evaluation. TCBB products have been successfully adapted and translated
into over 20 languages.
Submit your review