- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Key Competencies for Improving Local Governance – Local Elected Leadership (LEL) Series Volume 1
Without strong local institutions and motivated staff, decentralization and
human settlements reform will not deliver the desired development
outcomes. Yet, many local authorities and civil society organisations lack
the human resources required to meet urgent needs. Training and capacity
building is therefore a wise investment into the future sustainability of our
cities. The Training and Capacity Building Branch (TCBB) of UN-HABITAT
supports national training institutions to build their capacity to implement
innovative programmes, focusing on local governance and sustainable
human settlements development. Typical activities include training needs
assessment, development of manuals, training of trainers, and impact
evaluation. TCBB products have been successfully adapted and translated
into over 20 languages.
Submit your review