- Stakeholders Endorse Proposed Integrated Waste Management Facility for Kajiado...
- UN Habitat leads discussions on creating opportunities for urban youth at Kigali...
- Kenya’s President and UN-Habitat join Nairobi residents in monthly clean-up
- Country Programme Document 2018-2022 for Palestine Launched to Celebrate World...
- Global Urban Lectures – S05E01
- Season 5 of UN-Habitat Global Urban Lectures Launched
- Ms. Maimunah Mohd Sharif, United Nations Under-Secretary-General and Executive...
- Kenya’s Garbage Hero wins the UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour
- UN-Habitat Scroll of Honour award winners announced
- Barcelona Resilience Week to Inspire Action towards Sustainable Urban Resilience
Kenya: Kisumu Urban Profile
Kisumu is Kenya’s third largest city and is located in the Western Highlands on Lake Victoria. Kisumu’s status as a stronghold of the opposition has negatively impacted its development, as the area was largely neglected until the emergence of multi party democracy in Kenya.
Despite its rich resource base, Kisumu is one of the poorest cities in Kenya and food insecurity, growing urban poverty and the high prevalence of HIV/AIDS are key concerns.
Submit your review