- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost waters’ potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
- Central and North Asian Countries Participate in Consultations on Asia and...
Kenya: Kisumu Urban Profile
Kisumu is Kenya’s third largest city and is located in the Western Highlands on Lake Victoria. Kisumu’s status as a stronghold of the opposition has negatively impacted its development, as the area was largely neglected until the emergence of multi party democracy in Kenya.
Despite its rich resource base, Kisumu is one of the poorest cities in Kenya and food insecurity, growing urban poverty and the high prevalence of HIV/AIDS are key concerns.
Submit your review