- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Kathmandu Valley, Nepal: Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment
UN-Habitat’s Cities and Climate Change Initiative promotes enhanced climate change mitigation and adaptation in developing country cities. This document is an initial output of the Cities and Climate Change Initiative activities in the Kathmandu Valley of Nepal. This abridged report is based on the report titled: “Kathmandu Valley, Nepal – Climate Change Vulnerability Assessment”. Starting with a brief background of the Kathmandu Valley, this report addresses the climate change situation from a comprehensive vulnerability perspective that focuses on exposure to climate change hazards, socio-economic sensitivities and the adaptive capacities of the city and its stakeholders. Based on this analysis the report identifies vulnerable people, places and sectors.