- Harnessing Sport as an Economic Force for Urban Development
- Qatar Ambassador Jabor Bin Ali Al-Dosari and UN-Habitat Executive Director hold...
- International urbanization experts meet in Nairobi to discuss urban modern law
- UN-Habitat and partners inaugurate second community garden in Gaza Strip
- UN-Habitat Egypt to develop RAS EL HEKMA Waterfront new city in Egypt
- Time to create safe spaces for the young generation of Kenyans
- International planning experts promote Planning Guidelines in Japan and China
- Improving Public Transport Services for Women: A Story from Cairo
- Namibian habitat committee visits UN-Habitat
- Urban experts and practitioners trained in monitoring SDG 11 indicators
Islamic Principles and Land , Opportunities for Engagement
This booklet arises from GLTN’s work on Islamic dimensions of land which began in 2004 with the commissioning of research leading to Sait and Lim’s “Land, Law and Islam: Property and Human Rights in the Muslim World” (London: Zed Press/UN-HABITAT, 2006). Based on this research a training course on “Islamic Land, Principles and Housing Rights in the Muslim World” has been produced in 2010.
The booklet provides a short summary of the key principles and elements of Islamic dimensions of land. It is intended for land professionals, policy makers, and any other stakeholder working in the land sector, who is looking for a short overview of these aspects of land in Muslim societies. It is intended to provide a wider understanding of how to integrate Islamic dimensions into land projects and programmes.