- Designing public spaces using Minecraft brings refugees and local communities...
- UN Habitat Commits to Implementing the Global Compact on Migration
- Residents, diplomats and UN-Habitat staff join hands to clean up Nairobi
- UN-Habitat Executive Director unveils Youth Declar-Action at the Sustainable...
- Blue economy forum will boost water’s potential
- Op-Ed By Maimunah Mohd Sharif on Sustainable Blue Economy Conference
- UN-Habitat leads Africities session on effective local government planning for...
- Chinese Cities Improving in Global Competitiveness
- Resilient cities, a matter of planning for and with children
- UN-Habitat Executive Director: World Cities Day Message
Humanitarian Affairs and the Role of UN-Habitat , Strategic Policy on Human Settlements in Crisis and Sustainable Relief and Reconstruction Framework
This policy document articulates UN-HABITAT’s role with regard to human settlements in crisis. It responds to Resolution HSP/GC/20/17 and supporting documents produced in response to Resolution HSP/GC/19/9 in relation to “Post-conflict, natural and human-made disaster assessment and reconstruction”.
Further, this policy has been developed as an integral part of the UN-HABITAT’s Medium Term Strategic and Institutional Plan (MTSIP). The new plan articulates a specific provision for urban resiliency and vulnerability reduction in Focus Area 2, whereas post-crisis recovery and reconstruction is addressed under Focus Area 3.
Submit your review